High-Quality Ductwork Service in San Antonio
Your ductwork is an essential, but often overlooked, part of your HVAC system. Having the highest-quality heating and cooling system or one that is on its last legs doesn’t make a difference if your ductwork is damaged. Ductwork is located in the crawl space, attic, or both. Both of these areas are very isolated, making it incredibly easy for damaged ducts to go unnoticed.
For the best ductwork in San Antonio or the surrounding areas, look no further than our team at Damiani’s Comfort Design. Since 1985, we have been providing San Antonio homeowners with industry-leading heating and air conditioning services, including air duct design, installation, and re-engineering. Our “Home Comfort Heroes” have the skill and experience to optimize your home’s airflow with advanced ductwork designs, leading to greater performance and efficiency from your heating and cooling equipment.
Get started with all the benefits Damiani’s ductwork has to offer! Call us now at 210-646-9600 or contact us now to learn more!
Signs It’s Time for Ductwork Replacement
- Your ductwork is old – Ductwork parts, such as seals, seams, and joists, typically begin to fail 15 years after installation.
- Your indoor air quality is poor – Ductwork expands and contracts throughout the seasons. Over time, this can cause your ducts to crack and lose air, inviting pollen, dust, and other allergens into your home.
- You notice hot and cold spots in your home – Leaky ducts make it impossible to control the temperature in specific rooms.
- Your energy bills are through the roof – ENERGY STAR® tells us that at least 30% of the air that runs through an air duct ends up leaking out.
- You notice a moldy smell when you turn your HVAC system on – Damaged ductwork invites not only pollen but moisture into your home. This moisture can quickly become a breeding ground for mold.
How Do I Know When I Need Ductwork Re-Engineering?
It can be hard to tell when you need to retrofit your ductwork because you don’t see it all the time! This is why our team has compiled some of the most common signs that your ductwork isn’t keeping air flowing as best as it could be:
- Your home has been getting pretty dusty – This might mean there are holes in your ductwork. Dust that usually stays up in your air ducts is now leaking into your home, which is not good!
- Your HVAC system has become quite loud – This may mean your air ducts are too small for your HVAC system. If your ducts are imbalanced, you may need to get them re-engineered by a professional to accommodate your HVAC unit.
- You’ve been smelling some mildew – A wet, stinky smell could mean the worst. If your ducts aren’t insulated well, condensation could form and mold will arise! This is not good, so call a professional for ductwork retrofitting right away.
- The temperature in your home hasn’t been consistent – Ah yes, the telltale sign of a leaky duct system. Don’t deal with a too-warm or too-cold home anymore, and call Damiani’s for ductwork re-engineering!
Have you noticed any of these signs? Call Damiani’s Comfort Design right away at 210-646-9600 or contact us online to speak with an expert about re-engineering a duct system, or to schedule your ductwork retrofitting consultation!
Ductwork Installation and Replacement in San Antonio
The Damiani’s Comfort Design team can help with your ductwork installation and replacement in so many ways! Here are some of our areas of expertise:
- Proper design – It all starts with the design. We know where the air needs to go, so we design the duct system to deliver the air to the proper rooms.
- Superior ducting material – We use metal ductwork to deliver the air to your home, which creates even temperatures while delivering cleaner, more comfortable air to your home.
- Proper training – Damiani’s Comfort Design has been certified by the National Comfort Institute to design our duct systems. We use the training we received to get this certification when we design your duct system.
- Test in & test out – Damiani’s Comfort Design will come in and professionally test your current airflow (duct system), and we use this “test in” data to create your new duct system. Once we complete our work, we will come in again and perform a “test out” to show you how much we improved your airflow.
- More-than-satisfied customers – The results of our proven steps equate to satisfied customers! By following these steps, we have proven results that leave our customers more than satisfied and very comfortable in their homes!
- Feel the Difference Guarantee – We back all our hard work with a “Feel the Difference Guarantee”! We will deliver cleaner, crisper air to your home every time!
Why Choose Damiani’s for Ductwork in San Antonio?
A sub-standard air duct installation can have a huge impact on your home’s comfort, energy usage, and air quality. At Damiani’s, we specialize in metal ductwork that is custom-designed for your home to provide greater duct airflow, efficiency, and performance. By using metal ductwork instead of flexible air ducts, we eliminate many common restrictions like kinks or bends while providing a smooth interior surface that promotes improved airflow and easier cleaning. The benefits of our custom-fabricated ductwork include:
- Durable metal construction that lasts years with minimal maintenance
- Shorter, straighter runs that improve duct airflow and efficiency
- More consistent temperatures, humidity, and airflow
- Easier cleaning that helps to improve air quality and HVAC efficiency
- Improved health and reduced allergy symptoms due to higher air quality
When you need the best ductwork in San Antonio, choose Damiani’s. Call 210-646-9600 or contact us online today to learn more about the benefits of our custom ductwork!
Frequently Asked Questions About Ductwork
Should ductwork be replaced after 20 years?
Ductwork is designed to last up to 15 years. The average life span of an HVAC system is 15 to 20 years, and as they age, they tend to get less efficient. If you’re replacing your HVAC system, it’s a good idea to replace the ductwork at the same time. By the time ductwork reaches the age of 15, it begins to deteriorate, which can also cause your HVAC system to be less efficient.
Should I clean or replace my air ducts?
The EPA reports the study of whether air duct cleaning is necessary is still in the early stages. It’s believed that most dirt in air ducts sticks to the ducts’ interior surfaces and doesn’t enter the living space. The agency does suggest having air ducts cleaned if there’s visible mold growth inside hard ducts or on other HVAC components, if the ducts are infested with vermin, or if they’re clogged with excessive dust and you notice it being discharged into your home. Some HVAC experts suggest having air ducts cleaned every three to five years, particularly if anyone in the house has respiratory problems. If your home’s air ducts are old, dirty, or damaged, it might be best to have them replaced.
How do I know if my air ducts are leaking?
There are some simple tests you can do to see if your HVAC ducts are leaking. A professional HVAC technician has advanced tools and skills to make a more accurate analysis. If you want to check yourself, start by visually inspecting all ductwork you can access. That’s typically your attic and basement or crawl space. Look for tears, gaps, and disconnections, and check to see if there are sections where duct tape has been used. Duct tape does not properly seal ducts against leaks. Next, turn on your HVAC system and return to the areas you checked in the first step. Place your hand over the ductwork’s connections to see if you feel air coming out. Finally, with the HVAC system still running, run a smoke pencil or incense stick steadily over the ducts and watch to see if the ducts move.