AC Tune-Ups in Castle Hills & Balcones Heights, TX
Providing Expert Air Conditioner Maintenance Since 1985
Temperatures pass the triple-digit mark during San Antonio summers, so it’s essential to have a working, reliable air conditioning system. Routine maintenance is the key to keeping your AC dependable and efficient.
At Damiani’s Comfort Design, we offer one of the most in-depth, comprehensive AC tune-ups in the area. Our 26-point AC tune-up is designed to help you maximize your comfort, save energy, and prolong the service life of your air conditioner.
With over 35 years of industry experience, we’re ready to help with all your air conditioning, heating, and indoor air quality needs. Stay comfortable this summer with an AC tune-up from Damiani’s Comfort Design.
The Benefits of an Air Conditioner Tune-Up
Regular air conditioning tune-ups and maintenance are important for many reasons:
- Better energy efficiency: Why make your AC work harder than it has to?
- Longer service life span: Delay buying a new air conditioner for as long as possible by taking care of the one you have with regular maintenance.
- Prevent emergency breakdowns: Getting a tune-up at the start of the season ensures your air conditioner will work properly all summer.
- Better air quality: If dirt is building up in your air conditioner, it ends up getting into your ducts and into the unit and its drains, where water may collect and back up, leading to mold and mildew growth. Poor air quality can also affect your allergies, especially in spring.
Schedule your air conditioning tune-up today. Call Damiani’s at 210-646-9600.
Damiani’s 26-Point HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Our AC tune-up takes between one hour and 90 minutes, but when you live in San Antonio, an air conditioner tune-up isn’t just a convenience — it could be life-saving when temperatures hit triple digits.
Why does a tune-up take 60 to 90 minutes? Because an AC tune-up from Damiani’s Comfort Design is as comprehensive as it gets.
Not sure what happens during an HVAC tune-up? Here’s every step of our process:
- Inspect indoor coil, if accessible
- Measure blower motor amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Test thermostat for proper operation, calibrate, and level
- Clean existing air filter (as needed)
- Inspect bearing for wear and lubricate
- Confirm proper return air and size
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor refrigerant operating pressures
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect electrical disconnect box for proper rating and safe installation
- Inspect electrical wiring and tighten connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure supply/return temperature differential
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss
- Monitor compressor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
- Check unit for time delay relay
- Check unit for isolation pads
- Inspect suction line for proper fittings
- Inspect all fittings for signs of oil and/or leakage
- Check lines and fittings with refrigerant leak detector
- Check the condition of the blower belt, if applicable
Our Home Comfort Heroes don’t skip steps, and neither should you. It’s tempting to skip a tune-up here or there.
But much like regularly changing the oil in your car, an AC tune-up is worth it if you want to make sure your AC doesn’t quit when you need it — or cost you even more over time due to repairs.
Save Money With Damiani’s HVAC Maintenance Plan
Get peace of mind year-round when you sign up for an HVAC maintenance plan. A comprehensive maintenance plan extends the life of your HVAC system, reducing the chance of breakdowns and reducing energy bill costs.
Join Damiani’s Comfort Club for additional discounts, priority service, hassle-free HVAC repairs, emergency service, and more.
Check out our current specials to save on your AC service tune-ups.
Feel the Damiani Difference: Schedule an AC Tune-Up
At Damiani’s Comfort Design, we’re a family-owned company with licensed, certified Home Comfort Heroes who work tirelessly to meet all your home comfort needs.
We offer unparalleled quality, integrity, and value, and our technicians are available 24/7 to help with your most pressing air conditioning or heating concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is HVAC maintenance?
HVAC maintenance, also known as servicing or tune-ups, refers to the process of assessing, cleaning, lubricating, repairing, and replacing components of your system as necessary to help it run as close to its original peak performance as possible despite normal wear and tear.
This includes minor things homeowners can do, as well as the annual professional maintenance recommended for most heating and cooling equipment.
How do I service my AC unit?
Servicing your AC comes in two parts. There are several things you can do regularly — usually on a monthly or seasonal basis, depending on your model — like cleaning the interior and exterior units of your AC and replacing or cleaning filters.
The more advanced parts of AC maintenance, which can involve opening your system to calibrate sensors, lubricating and replacing components, testing and correcting electrical connections, etc., should be left to a professional once a year — ideally in the spring, before the weather gets hot and technicians get busier.
That way you can be sure, heading into the hottest days, that your system will run at its best.
How long does AC maintenance take?
You should expect annual AC maintenance to take one or two hours, barring anything unusual. Since maintenance visits also include inspection for more serious problems, the visit could run a little long if a problem is found, even if it ultimately doesn’t warrant significant repairs.
The monthly maintenance you should do as a homeowner can likely be handled in a matter of minutes — you’ll want to change or clean your filter, depending on which kind you have, and clean off any obvious grime, debris, or mess on the system.