Dehumidifiers for Your San Antonio Home
We spend about 90% of our time indoors. Clean indoor air is critical, especially for families with seniors, newborns, or chronically ill loved ones. Indoor pollutants can cause serious problems, and they’ve recently increased due to:
- Fuel-burning appliances (fireplaces, etc.)
- Household cleaners
- New flooring/upholstery
- Personal care products/sprays
- Pet dander
- Tobacco smoke
HVAC and indoor air quality (IAQ) improvements are increasingly important to most of us. Whole-home dehumidifiers will increase your property value and improve your IAQ.
Call 210-646-9600 or contact Damiani’s Comfort Design to learn more about whole-house dehumidifiers.
How Whole-Home Dehumidifiers Work
Whole-house dehumidifiers surpass portable units in performance and comfort by treating your entire home, not just one room. Air conditioning reduces uncomfortable humidity, but not enough for the extremely humid areas of Texas.
All whole-house dehumidifiers need:
- Blowing air
- Drain pan
- Solenoid/water control valve
- Collection component
- Feed tube
- Inlet opening
- Inlet valve
- Supply line
We often install your whole-house dehumidifier at the return duct leading into your HVAC unit. As your system cools the air, the condensed water drops are collected in the dehumidifier’s reservoir. It’s then channeled and drained outside through a dedicated line.
You’ll feel the difference when you have clean, healthy air in your home! Call 210-646-9600 or contact Damiani’s Comfort Design for more information.
Signs Your San Antonio Home Needs a Dehumidifier
Whole-house dehumidifiers are low-maintenance energy-savers. The benefits of reducing humidity are numerous. Your IAQ will improve, and that alone can offer better health benefits for you and your family. You need a whole-home dehumidification system if:
- A family member has a diagnosed dust mite allergy.
- Allergy symptoms have recently increased.
- Family members suffer allergy symptoms year-round.
- Hung-up closeted clothing smells damp or mildewed even when they’ve been recently washed.
- Non-smoking family members have respiratory illness symptoms, including coughing and runny noses.
- One or more areas have water leaks after heavy rainfalls.
- The air feels and even smells “muggy.”
- There’s a moldy, damp odor in one or more areas of your house.
- Windows and exterior glass doors have frequent condensation and water-beading.
- You can see mold and mildew in the corners of rooms and on bathroom walls.
- You have increased pest activity:
You’ll have better air because of the reduced air pollutants, including dust. Breathing easy is more affordable than you think. Let’s evaluate if a dehumidifier will improve your home’s comfort.
Call 210-646-9600 or contact Damiani’s Comfort Design.
Choose Damiani’s for Whole-Home Humidity Control
We say, “By going green, you save green!” and it’s true. Our heating and cooling professionals have been encouraging Texans to go green long before it became the trend.
Energy-saving, high-efficiency HVAC systems that include dehumidifiers lower your monthly energy bill. An energy-saving system also increases your property value; this gives you an edge in a competitive real estate market. Find out for yourself what your San Antonio neighbors already know.
- Financing options
- Guaranteed, industry-best work quality and materials
- Superior customer care
- Trained/certified HVAC specialists
- Upfront pricing
We’re invested in our community and invested in you. We’re here when you need us and plan to be here for your kids.
Ask questions; we’re here to help! Call 210-646-9600 or contact Damiani’s Comfort Design.