It’s like an All-Weather Blanket For Your Home!
Your home is the biggest investment you’ll ever make. So why allow energy costs to literally go through the roof? Just like hundreds of homeowners across South Texas, you can trust Damiani’s Comfort Design to increase your home’s efficiency with blown-in insulation. This is one of the most common ways to insulate your attic. Blown-in insulation increases the comfort of your home by neutralizing humidity and drafts, bringing a large return on investment. It increases the R-value of your home which substantially increases your energy efficiency, saving on the annual cost of heating and cooling. Blown-in fiberglass insulation doesn’t have to be expensive, especially when you consider how much efficiency it adds to your home.
Unlike batted or rolled insulation, the blown-in variety blows in fluffy, settles, then insulates like a sturdy seamless blanket of protection between your attic floor and the roof. Air finds it harder to escape! Your home heating and air conditioning equipment doesn’t have to work as hard! That means savings.
Other advantages to this material include:
- Added longevity for the roof and shingles. A well-ventilated roof that includes an adequate layer of blown insulation can create a conditioned space in the attic. This conditioned space reduces the strain of heat on the sheathing that causes shingles to fail earlier. Solar attic fans help with the ventilation portion while the blown in insulation helps keep your “bought air” in your living space!
- Decrease in energy bills. Blown-in insulation can fill the crevices and cavities of attic space in ways that batting cannot. This creates a tight fit for little air gaps in the roof and eaves of the home, which saves a great deal of money by reducing the energy an air conditioner or furnace has to expend to heat or cool the home.
- Increase in R-value of your home. Having blown-in insulation substantially increases your energy efficiency, saving on the annual cost of heating and cooling.
- Vapor retarder and moisture barrier. Blown-in insulation that is installed correctly can reduce moisture infiltration. Maintaining the R-value keeps the house as warm as possible in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Utility Rebates available to off set the cost of the installation. (CPS Energy Customers)
You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the overall increase in energy efficiency when you have the professionals from Damiani’s Comfort Design provide blown-in insulation for your home. Call us today and let’s talk about ways we can help you save money with a smart investment.