Air Sealing in San Antonio
When a home’s outer envelope is not sealed correctly, not only will it cost more to heat and cool, but it can lead to indoor air quality problems, excessive moisture, condensation, and more. Air sealing, along with proper insulation, can help to improve the efficiency and comfort of your San Antonio home, and it can often pay for itself through lower energy costs.
If you are interested in air sealing your home, talk to our experts at Damiani’s Comfort Design. Our home sealing service can create an effective air barrier around your entire living area, minimizing energy costs, moisture, allergens, and more. Our company serves San Antonio and the surrounding communities, providing high-quality heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality services.
Is your home drafty or expensive to heat and cool? Call Damiani’s Comfort Design today at 210-646-9600 or contact us online to learn how our home sealing service may help.
What Is Air Sealing?
Any air leaks in a home could allow cool air to leak out in the summer or hot air to escape in the winter, significantly increasing your utility costs. In addition, air leaks could allow unfiltered, moisture-laden air to enter your home, bringing dust, pollen, mold spores, and other contaminants along with it.
Air sealing uses methods like caulking or spray foam to fill any cracks or gaps in the exterior envelope of your home. When done properly, air sealing can offer several benefits for San Antonio homeowners:
- Lower energy consumption
- Reduced heating and cooling costs
- Improved comfort and air quality
- Reduced allergens
- Better HVAC performance
- Longer HVAC life
To learn more about the benefits of air sealing for your Texas home, call 210-646-9600 or schedule a service call online.
How to Test Your Home for Air Leaks
At Damiani’s Comfort Design, we offer several methods to detect air leaks and determine if air sealing and insulation are necessary:
- Blower door tests – A large fan is inserted in your home’s doorway, and as it draws air out of your home, air leaks can easily be identified around items like windows or outlets.
- Thermal imagining – Infrared cameras are used to locate areas where cooler or warmer air is leaking into or out of your home.
- Static pressure tests – Resistance to airflow is measured in the HVAC system and air ducts, and if the resistance is too low, it may indicate duct leaks or air sealing issues.
Call 210-646-9600 or contact us online to schedule an at-home evaluation in San Antonio to determine if sealing air leaks would lower your energy bill.
How We Fix Air Leaks
When you would like to make your home as airtight as possible, turn to our experts at Damiani’s Comfort Design. We offer several air sealing services, including:
- Caulking – Our team will caulk around windows, doors, siding, trim, and holes cut for pipes, electrical lines, or vents. For larger openings, we will apply spray foam or flashing.
- Attic sealing – Our experts will inspect the attic and add sealants to any cracks or gaps we find, including openings for wires, pipes, vents, and recessed lighting.
- Duct sealing – Leaking ducts can waste significant heating and cooling energy. Our experts will seal and insulate your air ducts, improving HVAC efficiency and performance.
Call 210-646-9600 or schedule online to get started with air leak sealing in San Antonio.